Orange & Bread Stuffing
Fructose Free Lactose Free
Enjoy your Christmas and Thanksgiving with this fantastic stuffing that will have everyone else trying to steal some!
- 1 Courgette
- 200g thinly sliced chorizo or bacon
- 4 tbsp Dairy/Soya Free Margarine
- 1 tsp Asafoedita
- 4 Carrots, cut into 0.5cm cubes
- 3 Sticks of Celery, cut into 0.5cm cubes
- 2 Oranges - zest and juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 large slices of, day old Spelt Bread - crusts removed and cut into 0.5cm cubes
- Frying pan
- Paper Towel
- Loaf Tin
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Slice the courgette into 0.5cm slices and then sprinkle with salt and leave for 20 minutes. The bitter water in it will rise to the surface, Blot the water away with a paper towel and then slice into 0.5cm cubes
- Fry the chorizo, until crispy. Remove from the pan, blot with a paper towel to remove the excess oil. cut into 0.5cm squares and set to the side.
- Remove the oil from the pan and wipe the pan down
- Add the butter to the frying pan and put on a medium heat. Add the asafoetida and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the carrot and celery to the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Add the courgette and cook for another two minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the orange juice to the pan and cook until the liquid has reduced by about half
- Add the orange zest, chorizo and herbs. Mix well and season to taste. Add in the bread to and stir to combine.
- Put the mixture into the loaf tin, place it in the oven and cook uncovered for 30-40minutes until the top is crispy