Barramundi Tacos with Quinoa & Salsa
Low Fodmap Gluten Free Lactose Free Contains Fish
This recipe is fresh, easy to make and just perfect for Summer. I make it as a great dinner to have with friends.
- 600g skinless, pin boned Firm White Fish (i.e. cod, halibut, sole), cut into 2cm wide strips
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Limes, plus additional wedges to serve
- 3cm piece Root Ginger, peeled and thinly grated
- 1 small can of Sweetcorn or 2 corn cobs, with the kernels sliced off
- 250g Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 6 Spring Onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 Long Green Chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 handful Mint leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to use as a garnish
- 1 handful Coriander leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to use as a garnish
- 200ml Low-fat, Natural Yoghurt (to make this lactose free, use lactose free yoghurt)
- 100g Quinoa, made up according to package instructions
- 18 Large Taco Shells
- Large frying pan
- Small bowl
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Place the fish in the medium bowl and add 1 tbs olive oil, finely grated zest of 1 lime, juice of 2 limes and the ginger. Season well with salt and pepper, then cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Place the corn, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and green chillies in the large bowl. Squeeze in 1/2 lime, mix and then stand for 30 minutes so the flavours can develop.
- Finely chop 1/3 of your coriander and mint and add this to the salsa. Season well with salt and pepper and stir again to combine.
- Combine the yoghurt and juice from the remaining half a lime, in the small bowl and mix until fully combined and of an even consistency.
- Cook the taco shells according to package instructions
- Heat the remaining 1tbs olive oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Toss the fish with most of the remaining coriander and mint, then drain well in the sieve. Place fish in the frying pan and cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked.
- Serve by placing a bowl with the fish in it, a bowl with the salsa in it, one with the quinoa, a bowl with the yoghurt and a plate of the taco shells onto the table and letting people help themselves. Or if you are feeling super smart you can make it up for them by putting some of the yoghurt into the taco shell, then adding the fish, quinoa and salsa. Garnish with some left over herb leaves and lime wedges.