Sweet Lime Glazed Chicken
Fructose Free Lactose Free Can be Gluten Free
This recipe is great for an easy dinner party recipe that looks like you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen.
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Asafoetida
- 4 tbsp Plain Flour (to make it gluten free just use any gluten free flour)
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 12 skinless Chicken Legs (you can replace this with 5-6 chicken breasts if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp Root Ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 250ml Fructose Free Stock
- 2 Limes, cut lengthways into thin wedges
- Steamed rice or Quinoa
- Asian steamed baby greens i.e Bok Choy
- Coriander leaves
- Small saucepan
- Measuring spoons
- Freezer or sandwich bag
- Large roasting tin (to comfortably fit all the chicken in)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7
- Put 2 tbsp of the olive oil in the roasting tin and spread it around evenly.
- Put the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil in a small saucepan, on a medium heat, and add the asafoetida. Mix and heat for 1-2 minutes or until the asafoetida goes slightly golden in colour. Leave to cool completely.
- Put the flour and paprika in a plastic freezer or sandwich bag. Shake (with the top sealed) until fully combined. Put the chicken legs into the bag one at a time and shake up and down (with the bag closed) to lightly coat each leg in the flour mixture. Place in the roasting tin.
- Drizzle the chicken with the cooled asafoetida/oil mixture.
- Place the roasting tin in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, turning once during this time.
- Meanwhile mix the ginger, golden syrup and stock together. Pour over the chicken and add the lime wedges. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is golden and the juices run clear when cut.
- Sprinkle over lots of the coriander leaves and serve, with steamed rice and pak choi (or similar).