Cajun Cod with Potato & Salsa
Fructose Free Lactose Free Gluten Free Contains Fish
Bring the lowly baked potato to life with this flavoursome dish. Ensure the mustard you use contains no hidden nasties and for best results, marinate the fish overnight.
- 4 Baking Potatoes, wrapped in foil
- 800g Cod Steaks, cut into 1cm thick slices
For the Cajun marinade
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 small bunch of Fresh Thyme, leaves picked
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 fresh Bay Leaf, spine removed, leaf torn into pieces
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
For the Salsa
- 3 Spring Onions, green part only, very finely chopped
- ½ Fresh Red Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Green Tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Red Tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- A small bunch of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Pestle & Mortar
- Large Bowl
- Cling Film / Glad Wrap
- Small Bowl
- Late Frying Pan
- Fish Slice
- Put the chipotle chilli powder, paprika, a pinch of salt and pepper, oregano, thyme, bay leaf and asafoetida into the pestle and mortar and grind them together. Add the olive oil and muster, and grind again. When you have a thick paste, transfer to the large bowl with the cod. Toss together and ensure that the cod is well coated. Cover with the cling film, put it in the fridge and leave it for at least 30 minutes but ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and put your foil covered potatoes in to roast for about 1 hour. Meanwhile make the salsa by putting all the ingredients into the small bowl and mixing to combine.
- When the potatoes are real, take them out of the oven and leave them in the foil to stay warm.
- Put the frying pan on a high heat and pour a small amount of oil in. Add the marinated code and let them cook for a couple of minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Unwrap your potatoes and put them on plates. Slice, lengthways down the middle. Put the cod on top and cover with a few spoonfuls of the salsa. Serve