Gluten Free Pasta Salad
Serves 4 as a Light Meal, 6-8 as a Side Salad
Fructose Free Gluten Free Lactose Free Can be Vegetarian
This easy to make up salad is a really good way to add some vegetables into your standard pasta dish. It is particularly good for an barbecue lunch. Make sure you check that the pasta is fructose free too, a lot of them hide hidden nasties - I am looking at you chickpea - in the ingredients.
- 500g Gluten Free Pasta - Fusili or Farfalle is ideal but Penne will work too
- 6 Spring Onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- ½ Avocado, skinned, stoned and finely diced
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Red Chillies, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 8 Medium Tomatoes, de-seeded and finely diced
- 2 Cans of Tuna (circa 220g drained). To make it vegetarian use 250g feta cheese.
- Large Saucepan
- Medium Sized Bowl
- Large Serving Bowl
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan, filled with salted water, according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain well in the sieve.
- Meanwhile make the salsa in the bowl by combining all the remaining ingredients together and mixing well. Season to taste.
- Put the pasta into a serving bowl, add in half the salsa and mix well. Spoon over the remaining salsa and serve.