Sweet Salmon with Pickled Cucumber Salad
Fructose Free Lactose Free Contains Fish
I love this recipe, it is so easy to make and tastes fantastic. It is pretty much the ideal mid-week meal. If you are particularly short on time, then make up the marinade and cucumber the day before and then you just need to cook the fish on the day.
- 110g Sugar
- 125ml Rice wine vinegar (use white wine vinegar as an alternative)
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 Cucumber, cut into moons, ribbons or diced
- 4 tbsp White Wine
- 4 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Skinless, Pin-Boned Salmon Fillets (about 175-200g each)
- Oil Spray
- Rice to serve
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Small Saucepan
- Medium Saucepan
- Grill Tray
- Begin by making the cucumber salad - Heat the sugar and water together, in the small saucepan over a low heat, until the sugar is dissolved. Cool completely. Combine with the rice wine vinegar. Pour it into one of the mixing bowls and add the cucumber. Leave to pickle. The longer you leave it the more pickled it will become.
- Make the fish marinade - In the second mixing bowl combine the wine, soya sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Add in the fish and leave to marinate, in the fridge, for at least half an hour.
- Heat the grill to high. Line the grill tray with foil and spray with the oil to prevent the fish from sticking. Remove the fish from the marinade and place it onto the tray and then under the grill for 7 minutes.
- Whilst the fish is grilling, heat the remaining marinade in the medium saucepan on a high heat, to reduce it, watching it to make sure it doesn't boil over or stick to the bottom.
- Drain the cucumber from its pickling juices. Remove the fish from the grill and serve immediately with the pickled cucumber, rice and topped with the heated marinade.