Kale & Quinoa Salad with a Sesame Dressing
Serves 6, as a side salad
Low Fodmap Lactose Free Gluten Free Vegan
Kale is supposed to be a superfood but honestly, I have never really liked it! This salad has changed that and I am now feeling incredibly super! As I am a lazy chef, I got microwave quinoa, but if you want to cook it from scratch then use about 50g dried quinoa and make it up according to package instructions.
- Small bunch of Coriander, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 250g Kale, leaves chopped and thick stem removed
- 6 Spring Onions, green parts only, finely sliced
- 150g Cooked Quinoa
- Medium Sized Jar, with tight fitting lid
- Large Bowl
- In the jar place half the coriander with all of the red wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic infused olive oil and maple syrup. Do up the lid and shake well to combine, set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the chopped kale and pour over half the dressing. Massage the kale leaves with the dressing (I know this sounds strange, but it helps to get an even distribution of dressing) for 2 minutes. Add in the spring onions, quinoa and remaining coriander. Pour over the remaining dressing, if desired. Serve